[thelist] js popup images

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Apr 21 16:51:01 CDT 2002

Luckily, you are not in as woeful situation as it seems. You can
document.write() to a separate window.

In your window opening function, build a string which is an entire
HTML document the includes the image. If that string variable is
named "image_window_html" then you would say:

image_window.document.open();
image_window.document.write(image_window_html);
image_window.document.close();

This will both allow you to center your image and avoid writing 200
html documents.

>hey all
>
>I'm using this juicy script I got to launch images not docs in new windows
>here's the call

>386); return false;" title="Larger Picture">
>
>Is there any way for me to assign an attribute to control the picture's
>position in the new window without creating a document for it?
>The thing is I have over 200 images to have pop up and I don't want a doc to
>call the image(200images=200docs). So far in windows browsers ie5*, moz9.9,
>nn6.2 the pics  aren't snug with the top left. On my mac the images are the
>exact defined size of the windows.
>
>anyone have any ideas?

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272