[thelist] Site Check: PAPocketPets.com

Jason Cartwright mail at jasoncartwright.com
Mon Apr 22 07:09:01 CDT 2002

> I'm hoping to
> incorporate bigger
> ones in the reading text..

Ah - ok. I'm not seeing the big picture (literally!) :)

> does the rest of the page not load before the
> applet gets done?

Its my experience that a java applet can slow the page load time down a LOT
on a lower spec machine. I can't really see this though - as I am using what
is probably classed as a faster machine

> maybe I should
> use some other
> term than "Articles"? maybe "Info"? They are going to be in an
> article type
> structure...hm.

Resources maybe?

> Really? What res are you reading in?

I'm at 3200x1200 on a dual 19" setup. I am quite shortsighted though
(probably because of it!) - and I don't usually have a problem reading text.
Maybe its my impatience and quick page scanning that causes me to get
annoyed at the script style. Don't get me wrong though - it looks great.

> Does the drop shadow help--or what could make it more
> readable other than changing the font?

I don't think it does help - but I wouldn't change it unless someone else
complains. I might just be me :)