[thelist] Perl - multiple select option

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Mon Apr 22 07:54:01 CDT 2002

Hi Adrian,

I've cc'd you directly as I'm a bit late to this thread - apologies if
you've already fixed it.

> I have a multiple select option thing happening in my script that works fine
> in IE but displays the whole list in NS.

You don't specify what "fine" is - I'm inferring from your later comment
that you don't want the whole list displayed.

> <SELECT NAME=CATEGORY MULTIPLE=4>

Here is your problem - it's not PERL, but the HTML. For multiple select
boxes, NN will display as many items as are in the list, unless you
specify the "size" attribute. So, for a list of one, you want <SELECT
NAME=CATEGORY MULTIPLE=4 SIZE=1> and for a list of 10, you'd want
<SELECT NAME=CATEGORY MULTIPLE=4 SIZE=10>.

> Also...in NS 6 how do I get the thing to visit the page every time?  I test
> locally using 127.0.0.1 and NS6 doesn't show the latest changes.  NS4.08
> works fine.

Make sure the setting for "check page every time" is set (somewhere in
Prefs, Advanced, Cache, IIRR). To force a reload, hold down the shift
key, while pressing the reload button.

HTH,
Katherine