[thelist] critique and review request for 2 sites

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Mon Apr 22 09:16:08 CDT 2002

Follow up 2.0:

Sasha,

RE: os-ds.com : art and craft

I've tried to reproduce the problem you gave me with the 'art and craft'
tab and it is gone. I have not tested any UA that is MSFT OS or Mac
based. I do suspect that you might have been getting problem with a
cached version. Actually, I did get that problem, but I reloaded the
page and it has not popped up since.

Most honorable Mr. Kutcher,

RE: grammar

Thanks. I agree, that is some sloppy stuff there. I'll be going through
that before I start submitting the website.

Welcome, now you too are part of the art and craft of webdesign. ;-)

Richard,

RE: Netscape, watermark

I am using @import to call my stylesheet, which must be giving Netscape
the bland layout (pre 4.7). I could use LINK to call the stylesheet, but
I am hesitant to do so. I'd rather have it degrade gracefully, and
remain accessible in a manner that is consistent (more or less) than
have the style sheets implemented haphazardly by Netscape and jumble
things up. I'd even consider making a non-stylesheet version, but that
is pretty atrocious. After getting used to CSS and the streamlining (and
I am sure I could learn to streamline my CSS even more) that happens to
the markup I loathe going back to FONT and markup bloat.

The watermark idea is really cool though. Thanks for bringing that up.
I'll be implementing something pretty soon.

Daniel,

RE: image borders

Oooh, good one! It'll be fixed shortly.

Thank you all for your keen eyes, tips, and critique.

Samir M. Nassar
Open Source Design Syndicate - http://os-ds.net
RedConcepts.NET - http://www.redconcepts.net