[thelist] RE: Lotus Notes browser?

Ron_Senykoff at beaerospace.com Ron_Senykoff at beaerospace.com
Tue Apr 23 10:33:01 CDT 2002

<snip>
> From: Pete Riddle <pcridd at yahoo.com>
[...]
> Release 5.0.1a STILL uses IE 4 as one of it's built-in
> browser options. Unfortunately, that's the good news.

egad, how can it get any worse than that?

> Notes default browser is their own, and from past
> experience, seems roughly equivalent to version 3
> browsers.

wow... you beat it...

i know in R4, they were using a browser that didn't dig frames... but
this just seems bizarre...

is there any chance you could tell me how the browser reports
itself in its HTTP headers?  if you don't know, i have a page that
displays the browser string for you (but you'll need to cut-n-paste it
back here) at the bottom of http://roselli.org/adrian/...

> aardvark, if you'd like some screen caps of a site,
> just lemme know offlist. I'd be happy to help. We
> (unfortunately) decided to migrate from ccMail to
> Notes a couple years ago because most of our federal
> clients use it as well.

yeah, i feel guilty imposing, but i need to test a couple...  i'll be
bugging you offlist in a few...
</snip>

Yeah the built in browser sucks, BUT
the option to use another browser is dependent on what is installed on your
system.  My Notes client launches IE 6.
To edit the browser used, open your Notes client and go to
File | Preferences | Location Preferences
go to the "Internet Browser" tab and there you can select what it will use.
Most people change this setting to launch IE or Netscape externally.  One
could even use Opera should that be needed...

-Ron