[thelist] Javascript problem with Opera

Dan Loda dan at webweaver.org
Wed Apr 24 14:25:01 CDT 2002

> This works fine with Explorer and Navigator but it doesn't work in Opera
> 5.0 (on my Mac).
>
> What comes up is a text file of the HTML document, instead of the HTML page.
>
> Any ideas as to what is happening here?

If I remember correctly, i had this problem around Opera 3 or 4 on
Win98. I found that it worked if the page was served from the web
server, but not when opening the page directly from the file system. It
needs the headers to determine the real file type.

This does work with newer versions on Windows.

dan