[thelist] Multiple files (*.*) with Perl under Windows

Keith cache at dowebscentral.com
Wed Apr 24 18:35:01 CDT 2002

At 09:17 AM Wednesday 4/24/02, you wrote:

>Im trying to manipulate files with Perl under Windows.
>I have scripts that work under Unix with * but not under Windows.
>If someone an an idea - pls let me know

Depends a lot on just what you mean by "trying to manipulate files"??

If you are trying to glob a directory's files there is one little gotcha,
Windows uses the backslash for path, and the trailing backslash on a path
such as c:\docs\dir\ will escape the * in the construct <c:\docs\dir\*> .
Perl for Windows will do an internal flip on that slash so you need to type
it as <c:\docs\dir/*> . One of those bits of undocumented magic.

keith

cache at dowebscentral.com