[thelist] Javascript Help Needed

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Thu Apr 25 08:24:00 CDT 2002

Chris -

Thanks for the reply.

In this case both the name of the form and the textarea are both cutnpaste.
So as far as I know the format as I have it is correct.

I decided to play around with the indexof method on the string and see what
I find.  It seems that when Javascript retrieves the document.cookie value
it is formatted exactly like this:

cookie1=cookie1value; cookie2=cookie2value

Therefore, when I split the cookies based on ";" it was leaving a blank
space at the beginning of the second cookie (cookie2) block.

When I split based on "; " it worked fine.

Josh