[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #2246 - 40 msgs

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 25 09:22:00 CDT 2002

On Thursday, April 25, 2002, at 12:51  pm, robert at netologies.com wrote:

> Looks like a Flash site to me.  The navigation works the way Flash is
> suppose to.  Could it be you need the new Flash player?  Works fine in
> Mozilla and IE 5.1.4 on my Max OS X system.

Robert - I think the complaint wasn't that the Flash didn't work per se,
but
that it didn't work for Freda.

The bottom nav is a secondary nav which only works in sections which
have more than 1 page - why they have to show it if it's not being used,
why they have to show more squares than are in use, why it's mystery
meat navigation and why the hell it scrolls sideways (fast enough to
stop you skimming the content, slow enough to be tedious), I have
no idea, and I would assume that there wasn't much usability testing
went into it.

That said, I could just go a Caribbean cruise....

Cheers
Martin

>> You mean a site that spawns a new window with no browser controls; with
>> text at a size I can't read comfortably and when I resize it I have to
>> scroll right to get the content; and the so called navigation guide at
>> the bottom doesn't work? IE 5.1 on Mac OS X.
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,