[thelist] REFC Delimiter

Means, Eric D eric.d.means at boeing.com
Thu Apr 25 14:23:04 CDT 2002

merely combed through your code ... as a
> flat text file ... and run that through some logic or database on it's own
end.

> I didn't think it 'executed' anything at your server end.

The W3C validator executes a normal HTTP GET against whatever URL you ask it
to validate - which means any normal server-side processing will execute as
normal.  The way the URL rewriting for sessions works is that as the web
server delivers the page, it actually rewrites link URLs to include the
&session_id= parameter - so that by the time the W3C service gets the code,
the unescaped ampersands are actually part of the web page.

You would have to get PHP to rewrite URLs with escaped ampersands in order
for URL rewriting to validate, which is what he's asking about.