[thelist] little help, please, checking for problem(s)

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Thu Apr 25 16:32:04 CDT 2002

A member of the list just reported that attempts to look at the site

http://charlottefriendsmeeting.org

results in lots of errors. I can't reproduce the problems on this
browser (MSIE, v. 5.50...). If you click any of the menu boxes WHILE ON
the site, they are supposed to take you to other pages (except the last
option of the first upper-left hand box doesn't, yet). If you are NOT
on the site (i.e., you downloaded it to look at it), you will
definitely get an error -- you won't match the @referer variable.
(That's supposed to provide some security.)

I've asked several meeting members to give me feedback after my recent
complete recoding of the site, but no one has (possibly because it
LOOKS exactly the same). Can one or two of you let me know if some
other browser can't handle something here? (Yes, lots of nested tables,
but the site almost functions as an intranet, with the occasional
external visitor -- and although we have some deaf members, no one is
blind.)

Cheers
Carol Stein
techwatcher at accesswriters.com