[thelist] Flash Shopping Cart

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Fri Apr 26 15:05:11 CDT 2002

At 8:25 PM 4/25/2, Janet FitzGerald wrote:
> [snip]
>Ok, here's my question:  How is the .txt file created, and how do I make
>the main shoppingcart.swf call the instances in the other fruit movies?
>I can't find anything in the actionscript that specifically calls for
>these movies so that I can exchange the fruit for the art glass that I
>want to use. I'm totally missing something here.

I'm not sure what the question about Flash is, sorry.

Like Sasha I'm guessing this might be something like "How can I dynamically
change images in Flash?" and loading a new sub-movie into the file is
indeed a common way.

In a later post there was another description of something which didn't do
what you wanted, and I think this might be "How can I format numbers as
currency in Flash?", for which there's a technote searchable under term
"currency".

But I might be guessing the wrong questions about shareable experience,
from those descriptions of private experience...?

jd