[thelist] Multiple CSS Classes

David Bindel dbindel at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 26 18:18:01 CDT 2002

Does anyone know how to set an element to use multiple CSS classes?

The way I am doing it right now is separating the classes by a space
(<span class="bold underline">), but I have noticed that the order in
which you specify the classes in the class attribute *can* have the
effect of ignoring either class for unapparent reasons in Internet
Explorer.

Example:
.bold {font-weight: 700;}
.underline {text-decoration: underline;}
underlined.</span>

Is there a correct way of specifying multiple CSS classes?

Thanks in advance,
David Bindel