[thelist] copyright help

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Sun Apr 28 22:27:01 CDT 2002

I feel the need to jump in here. If you let the domain expire, then
whoever registered it did *not* do it "in bad faith." If you saw
business.com com up for registration because the current owners let it
lapse and you registered it, how would that be "in bad faith"? It would
not. It's a shame you let it lapse, but *you* let it lapse. Unfortunately
domain names are not "property" as currently defined by the US courts.

The key? Watch your domains. Deal with a registrar that will pay attention
to your domains, notify you multiple times to renew them, make it easy for
all that to happen. Then *you* must do your part - watch your own stuff.

And good luck in the future. How come I think you won't let that happen
again?

-Hugh