[thelist] Mac colors

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 20:49:01 CDT 2002

Evolters,

This might seem strange, but I've never heard of this before and my designer
"discovered" it today.

I've known for years that Mac's and PC's show color differently, and that
this carries through to the browsers on those platforms.  What my designer
came across today was that if he took a color jpg and had it open in IE (on
the Mac) and Photoshop on the same Mac, that IE would actually alter the
color and display the image lighter.  Both web-safe colors as well as
non-web-safe.

I found this a bit odd.  Have I just been out of it for quite some time and
never witnessed this?  And in some cases, the color difference was VERY
different.

David