[thelist] Mac colors

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Mon Apr 29 22:00:01 CDT 2002

Most web browsers don't have any color correction
settings.  That's why images will appear differently in
a browser compared to the same image within Photoshop.
My images usually look a touch darker within browsers on
my win machine (IE is the worst).

I read about it somewhere, but I forget where.  Are your
color correction settings within Photoshop set for
"web"?

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://www.bittersweet2.com

4/29/2002 10:48:19 PM, "David Kutcher"
<david_kutcher at hotmail.com> wrote:

>That's not what I was getting at.  Same JPG.  Open it
in Photoshop, Open it
>in IE.  They look noticably different.
>
>I can then save the JPG in Photoshop, and open it in
IE, and it will still
>look different.
>
>It's IE I think that's doing the color stuff, not
Photoshop.

I'm struggling
>> to understand enough so as to make sure they're all
in a state which
>> I would consider "off" ... my problem is that if I
save something as
>> a PNG through Save For Web ... and then resave it
without going
>> through "save for web" again, the colors change
significantly.

>> >This might seem strange, but I've never heard of
this before and my
>designer
>> >"discovered" it today.
>> >
>> >  What my designer
>> >came across today was that if he took a color jpg
and had it open in IE
>(on
>> >the Mac) and Photoshop on the same Mac, that IE
would actually alter the