[thelist] Ack, last post

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Tue Apr 30 12:09:01 CDT 2002

Raymond Camden wrote:
> I'm lazy, so I normally just reply to an old post and delete the old
> content instead of just typing in the address. That's why my last post
> contained text from Pete F's email. Sorry!

Bad user! No cookie for you!

I understand the laziness issue (not that it ever applies to me of
course *wink*) but I will toss out one reason to not do things the way
you do:  It screws up threading.

With Mozilla's threaded view of email, they organize by the message id
specified in the "In-Reply-To" header.  So you're message with the
subject "IE6 question, involving IFRAME" shows up as a response to Pete
Freitag's post "Re:[thelist] CFMX" in spite of the fact you have a
completely new subject line.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal.  I miss some posts now and then when I
choose to ignore an entire thread but I catch most things I'm looking
for.  Just thought you might want to know what happens in Mozilla when
you reply to a message as opposed to creating a new one to the list.

Judah