[thelist] Problems with a php script being brought in as an

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Tue Apr 30 21:53:01 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, April 30, 2002, at 08:08 PM, Lachlan Cannon wrote:
[snip]
>> $newsText = ereg_replace("(rn|n|r)", "<br>",$newsText);
>
> Chris, what's wrong with nl2br($newsText)?
[snip]

Well, hey!  Nothing!  Actually, I was using that to put in an XHTML
style <br /> at first, but didn't need it as the rest of that page isn't
going to validate... so I just hacked it instead of finding a better
solution...

/me is lazy.

Thanks Lach, though the larger problem is still at hand... :-}

Chris.