[thelist] How I Learned to Stop Worrying... (Mac Evangelism)

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed May 1 19:37:01 CDT 2002

Some of you may find my latest humorous:

 http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/1358

The more you think about it, the more it
starts to make sense. Here's a blurbage:

  "I was brushing my teeth this morning when my mind drifted to Cory
  Doctorow's How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Panopticon. As my
  mind is apt to do, I started thinking of dry humor parodies of the title -
  beginning with rhymes and humming a beat to its flow. Minutes later, a
  single word droned in my head, decepticon, Decepticon, DECEPTICON! I was on
  to something. Transformers, the computer industry... they paralleled! Not
  only did they parallel, they also brought forth a rather inspiring light,
  one that put me at ease.

An in-the-know onlooker stated:

  "Taking seven months from writing to publication, Morbus had to lobby
  Congress and hold five public rallies in order to get this article through
  the gates. He want through approximately seventy three litres of coffee
  whilst trying to get it published. He hopes you like it"

--
Morbus Iff ( united we're bland )
Tech: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779 - articles and weblog