[thelist] Need help with perl cookie prob

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Thu May 2 22:15:01 CDT 2002

Hello all.

I am using some code I found that places a cookie on my user's system.  I
have the cookie set to expire after 1 year, but they are disappearing on
the day after they are set.  I have messed with cookies and setting them
with php, but my perl is rather limited.  If someone has the time, can you
look below and see if you can find the problem?

# Cookie information.
my %cookie = (
         name    => 'MyFavs',
         expires => '+1y',
         path    => '/',
         domain  => '.redhotsweeps.com'
);
--- snip ----
# Make the cookie.
my $cookie = $in->cookie (
         -name           => $cookie{'name'},
         -value          => (join $delim, @c, $e),
         -expires        => $cookie{'expires'},
         -path           => $cookie{'path'},
         -domain         => $cookie{'domain'}
);

print $in->header ( -cookie => $cookie );

This is the cookie that is set on my system.
MyFavs
9K0x8OI
redhotsweeps.com/
1536
213633280
29707945
2568204272
29487668

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

<tip type="looking for books">
If you are looking for a technical book but don't wanna pay the high costs
at the store,
check out ebay.  You might be able to find your book at a greatly reduced
savings.
(I just sold a lot of older tech books and was surprised that they sold so
well.)
</tip>