[thelist] Secure Site Expiration

Belinda Johnson belinda at prodsol.net
Sun May 5 18:56:01 CDT 2002

Thanks - that's what I thought (even with my limited server admin
knowledge). I know you can generate your own certificates but as you said -
though they'd then be encrypted a VERY savvy user wouldn't be as likely to
question the trust level as long as they see an https and/or the lock. Which
isn't to say that's a solution by any means - but this company isn't even
bothering with the https in the first place.

I really appreciate all teh advice and tips from today - I'm about to step
in it (a big pile of muck you might say :) ) and I really want to be sure I
am going on fact and not opinion when I do so.

Belinda

RE: yes if it's HTTPS you are getting encrypted transactions, no matter how
good
your cert is, you can even generate the cert yourself, it will be secure,
but not necessarily trusted.