[thelist] Landing on an anchor in a new window

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Sun May 5 19:20:00 CDT 2002

On 5 May 2002 at 18:50, Hugh Blair wrote:

> I can't get this to work. Look at this page:
> http://hiddenregistration.com/details.html
>
> and near the bottom click on the book-link for Technical Contact. That
> should open a window with ../glossary.html in it. What I want then is
> for this glossary window to jump to the anchor for "Tech". <a
> name="Tech"></a> It stays at the top.

I downloaded the pages in question and added the code suggested and it
worked fine for me. Here's the snippet I changed:

	function infowin() {
		newWindow =
window.open("glossary.html#Tech","Glossary","toolbar=no,location=no,scroll
bars=yes,width=300,height=500");
	}

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development