[thelist] some questions on css: misuse and issues?

Karen J. Bowen karen at miinx.com.au
Mon May 6 09:29:00 CDT 2002

David Dorward wrote:
> When validating the CSS I found your real problem. Unlike Internet
> Explorer, Mozilla does a good job at following standards. Your server
> is configured to send the .css files with a content/mime type of
> "text/plain". As far as Mozilla is concerned that isn't a style
> sheet. You need to reconfigure the server to send with a mime type of
> text/css

Wow.  It's true - I stuck the stylesheet straight into the html, et
viola!  The page in all its technicolour glory.  :-)

So, yep, Christopher, if you're on a host server, get 'em to change the
mime type as David says above.

David - how did you know that about the server config??

Cheers,
Karen
Miinx Design & Development
e :: karen at miinx.com.au