[thelist] Whats it worth??

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Mon May 6 09:48:01 CDT 2002

Ah but there are standards... =)

Your own.  What's your time worth?  I always go on a per-hour basis, so as
not to short-change myself.  If a client wants a flat fee for a project
(usually the case), I'll overestimate the hours just to be safe... my rate
is $60/hr but can be adjusted should budgetary figures come into play on the
client's side.  I also try to charge on an up-front, post-prototype, and
completed-product basis (so it'd be like 30%, 50%, 20% of the total project
cost).  It helps to establish a working timeline for that, obviously.

Note also that this is not my primary job, so I can afford a bit more
flexibility than someone who is using such a plan for their main source of
income.  HTH!

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net