[thelist] Font Sizing

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Mon May 6 17:15:00 CDT 2002

CSS, relative font units, etc have such wonderful potential, but right
now, in the real world (not the academic fantasy that so many CSS
advocates seem to live in), designers have to deal with technology that
is not living up to its potential.... and that means some situations are
gonna call for creative approaches.

True!

Using ems has caused me more headaches than used a fixed size.  But
that's what we've/I've got to live with.  The intranet I'm designing for
runs exclusively on IE5, so I'm limited to what I can do anyway,
although there is the blessing of not having to think about other
browsers.

CSS is still many miles away from perfect, but that's life......