[thelist] (no subject)

Robin Hastings robin at rhastings.net
Tue May 7 16:39:21 CDT 2002

Hello! I'm sure that this is a simple thing to do, but I am incapable
of figuring out how to do it using the online manual at php.net. I have
a text file (flatfile database, basically) with records as follows:
entry#, place, date, time \n
I need to find the last entry number in the file. If I could do this
with a regular database, I would, but it is possible that the hosting
on this site will be php-enabled, but no database - that is out of my
hands. Can anyone give me a clue as to how to find the first field of
the last record in a text file? Thanks in advance,

--
Robin Hastings
robin at rhastings.net