[thelist] OT: e-commerce PayPal

J J squid_66 at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 22:43:01 CDT 2002

--- Galen <king_galen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Of note...  There is a very easy way to bypass the
> PayPal service by
> reviewing the source code, looking for "hidden
> return" value (not the cancel
> value) and using the URL to go by the paid section
> straight to memebers or
> download section. You can see some source code
> encrytion here and you list
> members can have this free :)
> http://promote.fateback.com/source.htm
> -----

Not a paypal problem at all.... if you don't have some
checks in place on that return page (simple hit for
paid status in the database) and other areas of the
site, sounds like a programming issue.  It's common
sense.

All of our processing happens in between using direct
communication between paypal and our database.  The
return page simply checks for payment status and
returns a Thank You or the appropriate response.