[thelist] Ethical issues concerning re-use (and heavymodification) of images

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Thu May 9 07:00:01 CDT 2002

Samir M. Nassar wrote:

> check out RedConcepts.NET logo at http://www.redconcepts.net
> Maybe we can sue anybody who uses a circle, globe or fragment thereof
> post 2002.

With respect, that logo isn't exactly original is it. A red circle with a
shadow. I don't see how you can claim a globe from it.

Saul Bass used a shadow effect within a circle (globe) for AT&T, in the same
vein cable and wireless used an "internal" 3D shadow effect. Circles -
London Underground. For a globe what about USA Today?

Don't go calling your lawyer too soon ;)

best,
Liam