[thelist] OT: e-commerce PayPal - And another question on top of that :)

Galen king_galen at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 10:20:11 CDT 2002

> > As a matter of note, the subscription service
> > (re-occouring billing) is one
> > part that I REALLY REALLY REALLY like! It is simply
> > configurable, and easily
> > cancelable on the part of both parties... I like
> > that a lot...
> > --------------
>
> Yep, no other service can offer something as easy to
> use and effective.

Gotta love it...  See below...

> > join now button it will take you to the cgi section
> > and give you the pay
> > link.  Right click on the page and view source and
> > you will see that to join
> > the site all you need to do is use the following
> > address
> >
> http://onecoollist.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/safelist/EZ.pl?Action=Join
> > and you
> > will be taken to the sign up page.
> ---------------------
>
> Again, a quick server side check against paypal and/or
> your database and this could be solved.

Please pardon my lack of knowledge but would this be correct (not coded,
stated in theory?) If the referrer is www.paypal.com/*whatever actual pay
URL is*    then proceed to download page, if not that page then send to
"oops, something has gone haywire? please use contact button below to solve
this issue" type page? Is that possible? Plausible? A simple generic script
that could do that would be of signifigant value...  Could this be done in
the cgi/perl? Is this the wrong sort of forum to seek contacts who might
write this script (for a fee of course) for us? Even if they didn't do this
for "us" they could do it to sell to other's in my shoes and probably be
quite successful.

I just watched a piece on TechTV about PayPal...  Basically the same things
we have gone over here, be careful and be honest and realise that they are
no longer a bank (if they ever were) and you should be all set barring
disgruntled customers.

Galen