[thelist] ecommerce setup which only entails downloading the product

Galen king_galen at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 18:28:01 CDT 2002

After signing up for a PayPal account,  hit "Sell" in the top menu on the
right...  Follow the directions...  Encrypt the link or people will just
steal it or as was mentioned, use the donation method. All of these are
simply explained in user friendly terms right on the PayPal site... It even
generates the code for you :)

ClickBank is the same way too should you be interested but it cost the
client like $150 to set up an account and I think that the pay-outs might be
limited to bi-weekly or some such...  PayPal is less expensive but has
higher security risks...  Some where in my "Immaculate Collection of Asundry
Code Snippets" I believe I posses the code for an entire PayPal shoping
cart...  If you are in need hoot at me in a personal (non-list oriented)
message and I shall upload it for your perusal...  Can take up to 24 hours
to ferret it out though or I can find it online again in one of my business
sites I am a member of...

Galen

> Have a client who wants buyers to purchase his shareware by download only.
So, no product would be physically shipped to a buyer. Not quite sure how to
construct the coding for this. That is, click a Buy Now button taking buyer
to the order form first where they would enter their credit card info, then
that would pass to a Download page for the actual downloading of the zip
file ????? If so, what about the time in between where the credit card info
should be verified before download.

> Could all this be done without using PHP, etc. or any database work?
>
> If PayPal was used, how would their code fit into all this?
>
> Just having a "blank day" conceptualizing this.
>
> At this point, don't know if he wants to go with someone like PayPal or if
he wants set up his own merchant account.