[thelist] Is my perception correct? (J2EE & .NET)

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Mon May 13 16:15:10 CDT 2002

FWIW, it seems painfully obvious to this programmer that Java owns the
server side, and .Net owns the client side. If only Sun and MS would figure
this out, stop killing each other, and cooperate...kumbaya...

I also don't think anyone can call .Net's WinForms "extremely weak in
providing new interface tools" by any stretch of the imagination though.
It's much got potential to be much slicker than any UI, what's the word,
paradigm?, out there. Although it's not as powerful as Swing yet, it will
be. Never doubt MS when they set their mind to something.

jon