[thelist] DTD for documents

David Bindel dbindel at austin.rr.com
Mon May 13 21:53:01 CDT 2002

--
MT > What I want is an XHTML rip without formatting
MT > abilities and plenty of content-type abilities so I
MT > can separate content from representation, as a CMS's
MT > supposed to.

Oh ok.  I'm sorry I didn't understand what you were asking for.

Well here's my response: you ought to take the XHTML   1.1 DTD and just
remove the stuff you don't want/need.  I don't think there isn't all
that much to remove... but I like your idea of a DTD with only the
"necessary" tags for development (when using CSS to style your
documents.)

In my opinion, the following actions should be taken on the XHTML 1.1
modules (please refer to W3C's XHTML 1.1 module list at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/doctype.html for a list of tags these
modules contain):

Keep these:

Structure Module
Text Module
Hypertext Module
List Module
Object Module
Forms Module
Table Module
Image Module
Client-side Image Map Module
Server-side Image Map Module
Intrinsic Events Module
Metainformation Module
Scripting Module
Stylesheet Module
Link Module
Base Module

And remove these:

Presentation Module
Edit Module
Bidirectional Text Module
Style Attribute Module (Already Deprecated)
--
[ smime.p7s was deleted, please don't send attachments with your message. ]