[thelist] Re: "The Web" is what I was talking about

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Tue May 14 06:18:01 CDT 2002

Please, feel free to praise those who invented the Internet or its
precursors, all the protocols we now use, usenet, or even the networks
themselves. I am grateful to all of them, as I'm sure Dr. Berners-Lee
is, too.

I was speaking specifically of THE WEB -- the particular body of work
implementing his specific concept of easily and quickly being able to
communicate information to colleagues separated by distance and time.
That was invented by Tim Berners-Lee -- who happily has received a
MacArthur's Grant for it, since he gave it away for free to us all.

Cheers --
Carol
techwatcher at accesswriters.com

P.S. For any others out there who want this and don't know to watch for
it: www.senseboard.com -- a company with a "virtual keyboard" to be in
production soon. I am always looking for a reasonable keyboard, and I
missed this one, so some of you might have, too.