[thelist] RE: Force file download from browser?

Emilio emiliog at telusplanet.net
Wed May 15 11:43:01 CDT 2002

Thank you all for your responses.  Your comments were helpful and
insightful.  The thing is, all the answers suggested I set the MIME type
to application/octet-stream...but none actually explained how to SET the
MIME type to that.  So I have to ask, "How do you set the MIME type of
the document or link to application/octet-stream?"  DO I just add a
"type" property??

That doesn't seem right to me...hopefully you see my complete ignorance
shining through here? ;-P

Cheers,
Emilio