[thelist] OT: London (UK) Beervolt tonight (and another Zope tip)

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Thu May 16 07:56:01 CDT 2002

If memory serves there are a few people in the
London area here who aren't on thechat list.
(Why not?  Sign up today!)

So you'll have missed the short-notice scrabbling
together of the long-overdue London Beervolt 4
(or is it 5?  I'm afraid I was very drunk).

WHEN:
Tonight, any time after 5.30pm, though probably
more people will take until about 7 to get there

WHERE:
The Tattershall Castle, a pub boat moored on the
north bank of the Thames outside the Ministry of
Defence (nearest tube: Embankment; Northern, Bakerloo,
Circle and District lines).
<http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=europe&X=530500&Y=180000&scale
=10000&width=700&height=410&gride=530409&gridn=180210>
(apparently the London Eye has fallen into the river)

WHO:
About 5 or 6 people so far.  And you, obviously.
We've had trouble with people turning up and not
recognising any of us before so here's a picture
of what Martin Burns looks like:
http://members.evolt.org/martin/photos/greece/083.jpg
And here's one of what I sort of look like, but
better:
http://www.userfrenzy.com/pix/johnpic.jpg

WHAT:
Drinking, mostly.  If you want food, I recommend
getting some in before you get there :-)

WHY:
Man, it's *hot* today.  I bet you could do with
a beer.  Think about it.  Sitting on the deck of
a big boat on the river in this 80-degree heat,
with a nice big cold pint.  Mmmm.  Beeeeeeeeer.

Righty ho:

1.  Follow-ups to thechat please, not here.  At
    least not without quality tippage, anyway
    http://lists.evolt.org/mailman/listinfo/thechat

2.  See you later if you can get there.

<tip type="Zope">
Zope has no documentation to speak of, and several
of the few books that do exist are crap.

This one isn't.
http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672321335/evoltorg

</tip>

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com