[thelist] recent SPAMMER problems with formmail.pl

Jake Aust mail_lists at jakesdiner.com
Thu May 16 11:25:00 CDT 2002

Hello,

I host a number of our clients websites on our server at DataPipe. Each has
it's own IP address, but I am not sure if sendmail runs on the common base
IP address or not.

My problem is that someone recently utilized the security weakness in Matt
Wright's FormMail program we had running on a couple of sites and now one of
my users has complained that her email is being bounced by a client that
uses spam filtering software. Apparantly we made it to a blacklist.

We upgraded the scripts the day it happened, but what can I do now to get
off the blacklists?

Jake Aust