[thelist] javascript problem

Jeremy Weiss jweiss at cei.net
Fri May 17 18:56:01 CDT 2002

Thanks to all for the advice on a form mail script.  Now I'm trying to
implement a javascript verification script and I've run into another snafu.

I've got a working script, but I need to make a change to it. What I need is
that if it returns true on the validation, it'll open a new window.  I had
been using an onSubmit for the new window, but I can seem to get two
onSubmit's to work, so I've taken to trying to just add a little to the
validation script.  Anyway, here's what I've got...

	if (alertMsg.length == l_Msg){
		return true;
	}else{
		alert(alertMsg);
		return false;
	}

Now, I've tried to just add a line like so...

	if (alertMsg.length == l_Msg){
		return true;
		NewWin=window.open('','NewWin','width=600,height=400')
	}else{
		alert(alertMsg);
		return false;
	}

 but it doesn't work.  The script still validates, but it never opens the
new window.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Jeremy