[thelist] Alternative to Atomz search

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Sun May 19 16:24:01 CDT 2002

Hi James and everyone else who responded -

>and while they
> didn't *say* they would no longer provide the free search service, that was
> the implication.

News from Atomz. I just emailed them today and here is their response:

= = = = = = =
Hi Sharon,

No, we have not, nor do we intend to, discontinue the trial version of
Atomz Search.  What we have discontinued is Atomz Prime Search and it's tiered pricing plans in favor of our high-end, enterprise class (and, I
might add, award winning) search engine.  That product starts at
$10,000.
= = = = = ==

The "trial version" is explained as follows (from their web site):

= = = = = =
About Atomz Express Search:
Limited to sites of 500 pages or less.
Atomz Express Search can be used on any Web site and is not time-limited by a trial period.
Atomz Express Search allows complete customization of look and feel to match your site's design. Only a small "Powered by Atomz" logo is shown above the search results.
Features of Atomz Express Search include site searching, search reporting, search result customization, on-demand site re-indexing, URL entrypoint and masking controls, support for 15 languages, and more.
Advanced features of Atomz Search are not available in the trial version, including incremental and parallel indexing, Content Mining Engine, PDF and Flash support, collections, relevance controls and targeting, private domain labeling, HTTPS support, and more.

This trial version is what one of my client's has been using for quite awhile now.

So, not to worry as long as long as one's site is less than 500 pages and you don't mind not having the advanced search services offered to paying customers.

Best,
Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com