[thelist] Digital asset management systems - was (Content Publishing...)

Christopher Joseph Christopher at ideadesigners.com
Mon May 20 15:31:01 CDT 2002

> Whilst on this subject has anyone come accross any good open source
digital content
> management systems. We have a client who wishes to sell their digital
effects
> libraries and loops online and the existing sites charge upwards of 55%
> commision.....

<snip>
Why does it have to be open source?  Would not just a decent DCMS
that you ran yourself and didn't pay someone commission for be sufficient?
</snip>

I am looking for a content management system that:

-doesn`t cost the earth
-I can integrate into a site management system
-I can modify

I am open to alternative solutions sure but those are my preferences.

Chris.