[thelist] Headlines from evolt.org for 20-MAY-02

Headlines headlines at lists.evolt.org
Tue May 21 00:11:02 CDT 2002

evolt.org headlines for 20-MAY-02

Hi evolters!

We have some fresh content on evolt.org today, contributed by our
members. Learn something new or review the perspective of someone
else:

Code: Creating a login script with PHP 4 part II (Author: jesteruk)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/17/27093/index.html

An update to the "Creating a login script with PHP 4" article. This
article offers improved, more efficient coding, better security and
some extra features.

Site Development: Using MySQL and PHP to Present Excel Spreadsheets (Author: eli)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/20/26896/index.html

On occasion web developers are called upon to present output in
formats other than HTML, especailly where numeric data is concerned.
Here is one tool to add to your arsenal when the need arises.

Site Development: Storage and re-use of images using PHP/GD - Part 1 (Author: gvtulder)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/20/27237/index.html

Publishing images on the web is nice, but tedious. It would be nice
if we could use a system that automates the uploading, storage,
converting and resizing of our images. We could feed that system our
images once, and retrieve them later in many different formats. In
this article, we will write some scripts that come close to this
ideal system. PHP and the GD-library will provide us with an easy
method of uploading, searching and publishing our images.

Authors really appreciate feedback from their peers; you can leave a
comment and rate articles by logging into the evolt.org web site.

Happy reading!

evolt.org