[thelist] Desparate, Please Help: Memory Problem [OT]

Peter Loron peterl at cnw.com
Tue May 21 05:16:06 CDT 2002

You need to go through a process of elimination. If you reseat
everything in the computer and the problem goes away, then something was
loose. If you next swap out the ram and the problem goes away, then you
had some bad ram. If you've got a good backup of your system, you can
try an OS and app reinstall to see if something got fubar-ed there.

Unfortunately there is no magic detector that can nail down problems
exactly...I had a Mac one time that I wound up swapping everything out
including the OS and finally figured it out to be a motherboard issue.
Luckily it was covered under warranty.

-Pete