[thelist] Using XMLDOM with Coldfusion

Daniel Fascia danfascia at totalise.co.uk
Tue May 21 10:01:11 CDT 2002

Has anybody had experience of using the XMLDOM functions in coldfusion by
calling the M$ COM object?? Im using this kind of structure(below) but its a
completely blind approach which isnt working since I dont know of anyone doing
this kind of thing and I dont really know CF well.. ;-(

<cfobject type="COM" name="xmlDoc" class="Microsoft.XMLDOM" action="CREATE">
<cfset xmlDoc.async = false>

<cfset xmlDoc.load("http://localhost/test.xml")>
<cfset output = xmlDoc.selectSingleNode("greeting")>
<cfset stuff = #output.text#>

<cfoutput>
			#stuff#
</cfoutput>

Clearly this is wrong and doesnt work... I dont understand how to access the
.text property of a selected node.