[thelist] [ - Examples of Importing ML into Nutscrape or Mozilla? - ]

Haag, Jason haagj at ctcgsc.org
Tue May 21 11:17:05 CDT 2002

Seriously, are there any websites that actually have working examples of
importing xml into
a page using Netscape? I read about  many theoretical implementations, but
no practical demos
for developers.

When I run alerts for debugging, Netscape 6.2 doesn't even return the proper
length.
http://www.tempohomes.net/xml/test/CrossBrowserXMLTest.html

Try this in IE, and Try it in Netscape. Each browser returns two different
lengths. Which one is correct??
This is a primary example of what I'm talking about. If both DOM and full
xml support are provided, why is there still such inconsistency?

Where there any website examples of successfully importing xml into Netscape
6.2 or the most recent Mozilla build online?
I have updated an example file based on previous correspondence with some
dev gurus @ Netscape, but still nothing works.
http://www.tempohomes.net/scripts/xml_doc_format.js (This is the .js loading
the xml file)

http://www.tempohomes.net/xml/Navy_PFM.html (THE HTML PAGE)
http://www.tempohomes.net/xml/pfm.xml (THE XML Data Source)

Test in both browsers for yourself. Any feedback is welcome.