[thelist] Reading emails on the fly.........

Chris Ditty CDitty at email.usps.gov
Tue May 21 15:26:08 CDT 2002

See below......

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 4:04 PM
To: Chris Ditty; thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Reading emails on the fly.........

Well, now that you know how to fire the script, and you know how to
access the message contents,

-snip-
That's just it.  I don't know how to access the message contents.
-snip-

 just try outputing the message to see what
the formatting looks like.  The question of how to handle the
information is open ended.  How do you want to handle it?

Search for newlines.  These separate each line of the header from the
next.  Search for a blank line.  This marks the end of the header and
the beginning of the remainder of the message body.  Search for MIME
content demarkers.  These mark the beginning of attachments.

-snip-
Thanks.  Did not know this.  Once I figure out how to access the message
contents, I should be good to go.
-snip-