[thelist] OT Microsoft Word is driving me insane

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Tue May 21 16:17:01 CDT 2002

Rudy,

You don't say what version of Word .. if it's 97 .. then the options might
be different or not at all the same.  Give me a shout off list if that's the
case and I'll try to dig deeper in the memory bank.

For Word 2000:

Insert, AutoText, AutoText, go to Auto Correct.;  Deselect the second
option... and any other helpers you don't want.  Also check autoformat as
you type and autoformat to turn off other annoying helpers.  Ok/close all
the way out.

Check under Tools, AutoCorrect and make sure the above is also applied
there.  (Don't ask me why its in more than once place.

I think that's it ..  If not, holler and I'll see what else I can dig up.

Presumably, these changes will affect your normal template... Word will
probably ask if you want to save it .. you do.  However, you may find that
these changes are not applied to documents already created.  So, if you have
your own templates that you use on a regular basis, the changes have to be
done to each of the unique templates.

HTH,

Mich