[thelist] [OT] Currents trends in layout design

Mike : delusional zines at dx13.co.uk
Wed May 22 15:09:01 CDT 2002

Hi,

> intended for page layout...<<<

> interesting point... but, it seems to me that tables have always been touted
> as a way of gaining more control over page layout ... at which point, design
> elements *become* tabular data... or am i making too much of this? sometimes
> i can't tell. <grin>
heh :) Tables were the way to layout pages, simply because there
wasn't much else out there... you could have used frames - but
lets just not go there shall we.

CSS is much better for layout than tables, once you get used to
it, although both methods have things that the other just cannot
do. Of course, the things you can only do with tables are not so
cool as what you can do with CSS... right? :P

.: Mike
.: delusipna|

.: www.dx13.co.uk