[thelist] Quality Control, etc. of MS products

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Thu May 23 02:10:01 CDT 2002

Hey Samir :

[ snip ]
> You are right. One shouldn't complain about MSFT. I used to. Now I
> don't.
>
> Why? because I don't use MSFT products anymore. And should the time come
> and I get to hire people, then they won't use MSFT either.

[ /snip ]

I would completely abandon MS if I could. But the reality is that MS is
permeated into everything computing there is.
Unless you try very hard, you can't avoid some interaction with MS products.
The list is full with incidences where people have been
struggling with MS products and inoperability with their creations.

The truth is, you can't avoid MS, you can just do the best to make sure your
programs/services co-hibit with MS's without too much of a
perfomance/experience hit to the end user.

Regards,
Burhan Khalid