[thelist] win32 perl, maxlength for @argv?

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu May 23 09:35:01 CDT 2002

does anyone know if there's a maximum number of arguments you can pass
to a script?

I've compiled a simple .pl to an .exe and have a shortcut in my sendto
folder, so I can select a bunch of files, and right-click sendto to have
them processed in some way by my script.

It works great with up to 34 files selected. But 35 breaks - i get a
"access to the specified device, path or file is denied" error.

not sure if this is a limitation of perl2exe, perl itself, or something
win2k-ish.

TIA
Sam