[thelist] Web Based HTML Editors

nagrom morgan at morgankelsey.com
Thu May 23 09:57:01 CDT 2002

rob,

> We're looking for a formbased editor which would allow users to edit the
> HTML of pages on the site. Ideally they wouldn't be template based as
we're
> looking to slot the HTML produced into our own templates.
>
> At the moment the 2 I've found are Fastpage (Perl) and SoEditor (CF custom
> tag)

i've been playing with soeditor a little....i give it a 'so-so' (heh)

i sure wish it supported CSS (maybe the new one does)

another annoying feature is that all html comes back out capitalized, with
quotes around attributes removed.
this apparently is a function of the msobject doing the work behind the
scenes, but it's still annoying.

so, 'so-so'editor works ok if you don't mind crappy html and font tags.
heh