[thelist] Database vs. Flat file vs. XML

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu May 23 22:33:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Scott Dexter" <sgd at ti3.com>
>
> > I wish there was a way to define a flat file as a 'table' and
> > select/update/insert rows from it through SQL
> > statements...that would be cool!
>
> There is ... at least, with MS there is. Head to
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/ and search for "Text ISAM" to get you a
> start...

and if you get it to work, please lemme know... i wrestled with that
freaking thing forever... i ended up reading the text stream and
splitting on my delimiters... yeah, clunky, but it was a shits-n-
giggles project...

for some reason, even though the driver seemed to work, my scripts
could never pull the data from the text file...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself